Thursday, June 4, 2009

Men at Work (not that kind of video)

This music takes me back to when I was in my early teens during the mid 80’s. Saturday nights spent at the Carnivore (Foxxy’s disco then) which used to kick off at 11pm. Cover charge was 50 shillings and you could buy 14 tusker exports (300ml lager) for 100 shillings! Friday nights were reserved for Sailing Club (Rock music). Managed some school during the week. Not a care in the world then.



Have a great weekend!

PS - I didn't drink all 14 tusker lagers by myself in one night, but I made a valiant attempt!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Foxy's disco. Those were the days. Pasha club, Visions,Bubbles, Tamango. If only I could push back the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamtam,

    It drove my parents nuts but we still got round them by the weekend to get some money. I was only 14! Have a lovely weekend. xx x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! My older cousins werequite a fan of the Sailing Club... and they were underage at the time as well! Good memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wilde,

    I had an 'ID' (lol, my mum's manual Olivetti typewriter used to come in handy!). Some times we were frozen at the door but then we would scale the walls, Carnie imagine (some wordplay!) You'd have to give us B+ for effort! Have a great weekend! xx x xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14 Tuskers for a hundred bob!!!! Yeez - I would have been a walking drunk man if I was in Kenya then...

    Also remember this song playing in the clubs in Pretoria when I was younger. Still love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And who can forget Paco Perez at Ainsworth? That was the best club ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Billy, there were many walking drunk!

    xx x

    Hey GNM,

    Many ended their schooling days then! But it was a blast!
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember being in form 1 and I would follow the form sixes on their cigarette breaks and they would always talk about this sailing club place, by the time I started going out it was not 'the place,' it has remained for me an enigma.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, leave a comment but don't just be an asshole about it - try to be decent. That said you are welcome to heap abuse or ridicule if it makes you feel better. However in order to get published it must not be homophobic, racist or sexist. OK?