Friday, April 24, 2009
Award Acceptance Speech
Fellow homos, closets and fag hags,
I have deservedly been awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Maya, Shiko-Msa and Rebekah. Not surprisingly the citation says “This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” The money that I paid to get this award is a small price for the glory that I am destined to enjoy throughout blogosphere.
A condition of this award is I have to list 10 honest things about me:
1. I am wearing a pink mankini as I type this
2. I drink beer and wine, never whiskey
3. I read the Daily Nation never The East African Standard - hence no known link
4. I stole a toy car when I was at Lady Northey nursery school. Carjacking is not new but you can never drive away the guilt
5. The quote in my head right now is "I'm a just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her” (Notting Hill the movie)
6. I love Tibet even though I’ve never been there
7. I live in fear that there are naked pictures of me somewhere on the web
8. I always take my clients with me when I change jobs
9. Dormans for coffee dates, never Java
10. I was once stopped at an airport because someone wrongly thought I was a drug dealer
So, now that you know the real Tamaku who is currently easily identifiable from the size of his swollen head, I will follow tradition and bestow this award on Anengiyefa, Billy GNM, MYSTIC, Pater Nostra,Wildeyearnings and last but not the least the indefatigable Leonardo who upon accepting should also list 10 honest things about themselves and then pass it on to seven others. Work it boys and girls!