Friday, October 15, 2010

Turkish delights of Nairobi

I discovered a new place to quell hunger pangs on the rare ocassion that I'm in the city centre. 'Bobo's' for the true Turkish taste is on Banda Street. It's a couple of eateries down from Tropez, that bar that a little bird tells me is popular with twink trade if you're looking. I demolished this tombik pocketbread that came stuffed with doner meat, tomato, onion and lettuce. A potential heartattack - due to the grease - washed down with a coke all for around 400 shillings.

When I went to wash my hands I found I couldn't get the soap dispenser to work: one of the very cute (not my type though, I prefer rugged men just like my George) waiters in denim dungarees came to my rescue. He said pull the knob out and then push it back in.
I said really? That's what I always do. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. hay tamaku. yeah , that spot is common for twink trade. seen it first hand, not pretty :(. The pocketbread looks delish, I'm heading there this week to try it out, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamaku
    reading your blog I noticed that you enjoy some African music.. don't know how much you have, but you may like this ... hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy keeping your company when I can...
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/z8ej89

    This is for you.. not neccessarily for publication

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tamaku
    sorry I didn't explain - the link is for an mp3 file... the track Non by Franco. Just thought you might enjoy it :-)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy. Will be checking it out soon as am in the big bad city.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you, leave a comment but don't just be an asshole about it - try to be decent. That said you are welcome to heap abuse or ridicule if it makes you feel better. However in order to get published it must not be homophobic, racist or sexist. OK?